• Excipients: Calcium carbonate, microcrystalline cellulose, lactose monohydrate, croscarmellose sodium, polysorbate 80, hydroxypropyl cellulose, pure water, magnesium stearate, film coating (Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, Polyethylene glycol 8000; Titanium dioxide and film-containing talc), simethicone emulsion (simethicone, stearate emulsifiers, thickener, benzoic acid, sorbic acid and water-containing emulsion),
• Keep these instructions for use. You can need to read again.
• If you have other questions, please talk your doctor or pharmacist.
• This medicine has been prescribed for you personally, please do not give it to others.
• When using this medicine, tell your doctor that you are taking this medicine when you go to a doctor or hospital.
• Follow the instructions in this manual. Do not use high or low doses other than the recommended dose for the drug.
In these Instructions for Use:
1. What is LIPITOR and what is it used for? 2. Things to consider before using LIPITOR 3. How to use LIPITOR? 4. What are the possible side effects? 5. LIPITOR storage
headers are included.
LIPITOR, do not drink more than one or two small cups of grapefruit juice per day. Because drinking large amounts of grapefruit juice can change the effects of LIPITOR.
Consult your doctor or pharmacist before using the medicine. Do not use LIPITOR if you are pregnant or trying to get pregnant. If you discover that you are pregnant during your treatment, consult your doctor or pharmacist immediately.
Consult your doctor or pharmacist before using the medicine. Do not use LIPITOR if you are breastfeeding.
use of machine tools and
On thethe ability to use LIPID use of tools and machinery not expected to have any negative effect. Do not drive if this medication affects your driving ability. Do not use them if you believe your ability to operate tools and machines has been affected.
Important information about some of the excipients contained in
LIPITOR contains LIPITOR lactose. If you have been told by your doctor that you have intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking this medicinal product. LIPITOR contains sodium. If you are on a controlled sodium diet, consider this.
Use with other drugs
Certain drugs may alter the effectiveness of LIPITOR or the effectiveness of certain drugs may be altered by LIPITOR. Such an interaction can reduce the effectiveness of one or both of the drugs. It can also increase the risk or severity of side effects, including rhabdomyolysis, which is an important but rare case of matment.
4. What are the possible side effects?
Like all medicines, LIPITOR may have side effects in people who are sensitive to the substances contained in its content.
If you have any of the following, stop using LIPITOR and IMMEDIATELY tell your doctor or contact the emergency department of the hospital nearest you:
• Angioneurotic edema (percentage, swelling which may make breathing difficult in the tongue and the trachea). This very serious side effect is very rare. If you have one of these, tell your doctor immediately.
• In the skin, mouth, eyes, around the genitals; skin peeling, swelling, blistering and fever with severe disease state.
• Skin rash characterized by pink-red spots that can collect water on the soles of the feet and palms.
• Rarely, patients experience muscle weakness or inflammation and may very rarely become a serious, life-threatening potential (rhabdomyolysis). In case of weakness and fever, muscle weakness, tenderness or
pain, stop using LIPITOR and inform your doctor immediately. Tell your doctor immediately if your muscle problems persist after you have recommended that you stop using LIPITOR. In this case, your doctor can do more tests to find the cause of your muscle problems.
Very rare cases affect less than 1 in 10,000 patients using LIPITOR (which means that 9,900 out of 10,000 patients using LIPITOR does not expect these side effects to be seen.).
• If you experience unexpected or unusual bleeding or if caries occur, this liver complaint may get tired. Your doctor should perform blood tests to check your liver before you start taking Lipitor or if you have symptoms of liver problems while taking Lipitor. If you have symptoms listed below, report to your doctor as soon as possible:
o Feeling fatigue or weakness o Appetite loss o Upper abdominal pain o Dark amber urineYellowing of the white area of your skin or eyes
•• Stevens-Johnson syndrome (skin, mouth, eye, and erythema multiforme (stained red rash), visual impairment, blurred vision, hearing loss, tendon injuries, liver failure, change in taste, breast growth in men.
All these are serious side effects. If you have one of these, you may need emergency medical care or hospitalization. All of these very serious side effects are very rare.
Other possible side effects:affect
Common conditions1 to 10 of 100 patients using LIPITOR
• Inflammation of the nose, sore throat, nosebleeds
• Allergic reactions
• Increase in blood sugar levels (if you have diabetes, continue to monitor your blood sugar levels carefully), blood increase in creatine kinase levels
• Nausea, constipation, gas, indigestion, diarrhea
• Joint pain, muscle pain and back pain
• Blood test results indicating that your liver function may be abnormal
Uncommon cases 1 to 10 of 1000 patients effects.
• Loss of appetite, weight gain, decrease in blood sugar level (if you have diabetes, continue to monitor your blood sugar levels carefully)
• Night vision, insomnia
• Drowsiness, felting, tingling in fingers and toes, decreased sensitivity to pain or touch, change in taste , memory loss
• Blurred vision
• ears and / or head ringing
• vomiting, belching, upper and lower stomach pain, pancreatitis (pancreatic inflammation leads to stomach pain)
• hepatitis (liver inflammation)
• rash and itching, hives, hair loss
• Neck pain, muscle fatigue
• Fatigue, feeling unwell, weakness, chest pain, especially swelling of the ankle (edema), increased temperature
• Detection of white blood cells in urine test
Infrequent conditions affect 1 to 10 of 10,000 patients using LIPITOR
• Eye disturbance
• unexpected bleeding or bruising
• S Apiculture (yellowing of the skin and eyelids)
• Tendon injury
Very rare conditions affect 1 to 10 of 100,000 patients using LIPITOR
• An allergic reaction – symptoms; sudden wheezing and chest pain or stenosis, eyelids, face, lips, mouth, tongue and throat swelling, difficulty breathing, collapse
• Hearing loss
• Gynecomastia (breast growth in men and women)
Statins (with the same type of drugs as LIPITOR) reported Side effects:
• Sleep disorders including insomnia and nightmares, memory loss, confusion
• Sexual difficulties
• Respiratory problems involving persistent cough and / or shortness of breath or fever,
• Diabetes (diabetes). If you have high sugar and fat levels in your blood, if you are overweight and have high blood pressure; diabetes is more likely to be seen. Your doctor will follow you while using this medicine.
Please inform your doctor or pharmacist if you experience any side effects not mentioned in these instructions.
Use in accordance with the expiration date. Do not use LIPITOR after the expiry date indicated on the package.
Do not use LIPITOR if you notice any defects in the product and / or packaging.