TEARS NATURAL EYE DROPS 15ML*
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Tears naturale eye drops contain two active ingredients, hypromellose and dextran, which are known as eye lubricants.
Hypromellose is a synthetic polymer that forms a film on the surface of the eye (cornea). It produces a transparent, lubricating and moistening film on the surface of the eye and is used as artificial tears. Dextran also helps to lubricant the eye.
Tears naturale eye drops can be used for the treatment of the symptoms of dry eye (such as soreness, burning, irritation or dryness) caused by your eye not producing enough tears to keep the eye wet.
Tears naturale eye drops are also available in single-use vials.
What is it used for?
- Dry eye conditions.
- Dryness of the eye surface (cornea) and lining of the eye socket (conjunctiva) due to reduced tear production (keratoconjunctivitis sicca).
- Wash your hands before using the eye drops.
- When using the eye drops you should take care not to touch your eye or any surface with the dropper tip, to avoid contaminating the eye drops.
- Soft contact lenses should not be worn during treatment with this product.
- This medicine may cause your vision to blur temporarily after you have applied it into your eye. Do not drive or operate machinery until this has worn off.
- Tears naturale eye drops are sterile until opened. Any remaining medicine should be carefully disposed of four weeks after the first opening, as it is likely to be contaminated. You may find it helpful to write the date of first opening on the packet. Dispose of them carefully, preferably by returning them to your pharmacy.
- The single use vials of Tears naturale eye drops should contain enough solution to treat both eyes if required. Once you have applied the drops you should throw away the vial, even if some solution remains.
Not to be used in
- Known sensitivity or allergy to any ingredient.
This medicine should not be used if you are allergic to any of its ingredients. Please inform your doctor or pharmacist if you have previously experienced such an allergy.
If you feel you have experienced an allergic reaction, stop using this medicine and inform your doctor or pharmacist immediately.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
Certain medicines should not be used during pregnancy or breastfeeding. However, other medicines may be safely used in pregnancy or breastfeeding providing the benefits to the mother outweigh the risks to the unborn baby. Always inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy, before using any medicine.
- There are no known harmful effects when this medicine is used by pregnant or breastfeeding mothers.
Medicines and their possible side effects can affect individual people in different ways.
- Allergy to any of the ingredients causing irritation of the eye(s).
For more information about any other possible risks associated with this medicine, please read the information provided with the medicine or consult your doctor or pharmacist.
How can this medicine affect other medicines?
If you are using more than one type of eye drop you should administer them at least five minutes apart, to prevent the second drop washing away the first. Use eye gels or ointments last.
This medicine has not been reported to affect any other medicines.